The Lake George Central School District PTSO’s purpose of the PTSO is to enhance and support the educational and social experience at Lake George Central School (K-12), to develop a closer connection between school, home and community by encouraging parental involvement, and to improve the environment at Lake George Central School through volunteer and financial support. The Lake George Central School District PTSO is an all-volunteer, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
We hold PTSO Meetings every other month to provide an opportunity for parents to learn more about academic programs and school-related events going on in both the district and our Lake George community at large. You will also hear firsthand from the principals and the superintendent about what’s happening at the elementary, Jr.-Sr. high school, and district level. We’ll save time for parents to get their questions answered too, so don’t miss it! The agenda will come home in student backpacks prior to the meetings and all meetings are held at the Elementary School in the Little Theater. The PTSO supplies food at 5:45 p.m. and the high school Future Business Leaders of America students provide complimentary child care to play games with children in the cafeteria so that parents may attend our one-hour meeting.
Being a part of the PTSO is a great way to meet Lake George teachers and staff as well as fellow Lake George parents with similar interests. There are many ways that you can participate. Several amazing events are held throughout the year and we look for parent volunteers to help make these a success. Regardless of whether you like to work individually or with a group, if you like to work on a project during the school day or after hours, or if you like short-term projects or long-term, we welcome every level of involvement!
To get involved please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Without volunteers, our events couldn’t happen! Parents, Guardians, and Grandparents are encouraged to help run activity stations at the Fall Festival and Winter Craft Fair, and help out at events such as Air Band and the Staff Appreciation Luncheons at the Elementary School and Jr.-Sr. High School. There are many ways you can get involved. If you would like to be notified when we are in need of volunteers or donations, please email us at email@example.com to join our email list.
Become a PTSO Elementary School Room Parent
Room Parents are the backbone of our organization. Each elementary school classroom has 2 Room Parents who act as the bridge between school and homes. Room Parents share the following responsibilities throughout each school year.
- Attend PTSO meetings (only one Room Parent per classroom per meeting required).
- Room Parents will bring any questions from classroom parents to meetings for discussion with school staff and administrators and will be expected to relay meeting information to classroom parents, if necessary.
- Prepare Raffle Baskets for Fall Festival
- Room Parents will choose two raffle basket themes for their classroom. A request for donations (specific to your baskets) will be sent out to parents from PTSO. Room Parents will assemble their classroom donations into raffle baskets.
- Prepare a Craft for Winter Craft Fair
- Room Parents will choose a DIY project that students can bring home to keep for themselves or give as a gift. A request for donations (specific to the selected craft) will be sent out to parents from PTSO. Room Parents will collect classroom donations and prepare materials required for students to make the craft.
- Room Parents will help find a classroom volunteer (individuals, friends, or whole families) to help run the classroom’s craft station at the event.
- Prepare Teacher Appreciation Baskets
- Room Parents will choose 2-3 gift basket themes. A request for donations (specific to your baskets) will be sent out to parents from PTSO. Room Parents will coordinate with classroom parents to collect donations and assemble them into gift baskets. They will then deliver baskets to teachers at the elementary school at some point during teacher appreciation week.
- Volunteer (or find one) to help during the Staff Appreciation Luncheons at the elementary school and the high school.
- Room Parents may be asked to help distribute popsicles on Field Day.
- Room Parents may be asked to help coordinate parent volunteers for school events and assemblies, such as author visits, chorus and band dress rehearsals, PARP assemblies, Book Fairs, etc.
Our organization is completely funded by donations. Monetary donations help us provide fun community events that benefit our students and our families. They also allow us to support a wide variety of student programs and scholarships. If you are interested in supporting us with a monetary donation, cash or check (made payable to Lake George PTSO) donations may be delivered or mailed to our organization at the elementary school. We also accept donations via Venmo (@LakeGeorge-PTSO).
Donate Raffle Items (Elementary School)
We are always in need of item donations! We actively seek item donations throughout the year for Fall Festival, Winter Craft Fair, Air Band, and Staff Appreciation Week. No donation goes unused! Any and all item donations should be delivered to the elementary school and labeled for PTSO. It should also include the name of the student, family or business donating it. Please consider donating an item that can be used for one of the several raffles we host throughout the school year! Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mini Grants are available to all staff and students at the Lake George Elementary and Jr.-Sr. High Schools.
Submit a Grant Request
Lake George PTSO is happy to provide funding or assistance for programs that:
1. Support student initiatives.
2. Empower students.
3. Make learning more fun.
4. Appreciate district staff.
5. Support student safety.
6. Enliven the student experience.
If your request falls within these parameters, please email us at email@example.com. Upon doing so, your request will be sent to the Principal for review and determination. The Principal will review each request to determine if the item(s) can be purchased with school funds or if the item(s) are approved but require PTSO funds. If approved, the request will go to PTSO for approval.
Submit a Reimbursement Request
To get reimbursed for previously-approved spending, please email us clear, itemized copies of all receipts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake George Elementary School Educational Cabinet
“Educational Cabinet” is Lake George Central School District’s shared decision-making body that focuses on the Elementary School. The Educational Cabinet meets once a month and includes teachers, administrators, and parent representatives. Access more information about Educational Cabinet on the About the Elementary School page.
2023-2024 PTSO Officers