- District Home
- District Home
Return to Headlines
Thinking About CTE, ECCA, or IB?
Dear 10th Grade Students and Parents/Guardians,
Believe it or not, it will soon be time to make some important decisions about your schedule for your final two years of high school. Beginning in your junior year, you have several unique educational opportunities that you can choose to participate in beyond the halls of Lake George High School:
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Programs
- Early College Career Academy (ECCA) Programs
- Queensbury High School's International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme (Feb application deadline)
Each pathway has scheduled opportunities for you to learn more about their programs beginning January 6th, 2021.
Mr. Perrigo and Mr. Preuss will be visiting 10th grade English classrooms immediately following the Holiday break to share detailed information about CTE, ECCA, and IB programs. We are sharing some informational resources with you now, so that you can investigate these options prior to our visit to your class.
- CTE Lunchtime Virtual Series – Students can choose the career clusters they are interested in and click on a link to hear CTE teachers explain the programs they teach. The virtual lunchtime series will take place January 7, 12, and 14, 2021 from 10:45-11:15 a.m.
- CTE Open House 2021 (Jan 19-21) – Register by January 13, 2021 to guarantee admittance. Enhanced health and safety precautions will be followed to keep everyone safe. The rooms will be disinfected and set up for social distancing. Masks along with a health certification and temperature check will be required.A virtual option is also available. There are some career information sessions offered at one location only.
During the month of March, you will be asked to select your courses for 11th grade at an individual planning meeting. Exploring information about these program opportunities now will help you finalize your decisions. (Please note that applications for the QHS IB program are due in February.)