- District Home
- District Home
COVID-19 Communications Procedures
September 30, 2020
Dear Lake George Faculty, Staff, Parents/Guardians, and Students,
The school year is off to a great start. Thank you so much for supporting our three phase ease-in plan, which allowed us to move ahead with the K-12 student body reentering to in-person instruction.
Our district does not have any cases of COVID-19 at this time, but in an effort to be proactive, the following communication procedures will be used if/when there is a positive case in our district:
- In the event there is a positive case in LGCSD, any individuals who were exposed to the positive individual will be placed under a mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- The district will send a message to that school’s parents/guardians and employees.
- The district will also send a message to the parents/guardians and employees in the remainder of the district, informing them of a confirmed case in a school building. These messages will use consistent language, which will be developed in conjunction with Warren County Public Health.
- Per the governor’s executive order, districts must report the number of confirmed cases on a daily basis to the New York State Department of Health. Information will be publicly available on the New York State COVID Report Card.
- It is the role of Warren County Public Health to contact individuals who were potentially exposed and should be tested.
- If the confirmed case changes school operations (such as an unplanned remote learning day, etc.), we will notify families in the impacted building.
- In the event that a classroom is quarantined, each building has established a remote learning procedure to ensure continuity of learning for our students. More information about learning during a quarantine would be shared via email by the building principal in the event there is a confirmed case.
- It is a good idea that at the end of every day, individuals take all the necessary materials home with them in the event of a short- or long-term pivot to remote learning.
Please note, we will not be sharing any identifying information about anyone who has tested positive. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws restrict us from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information. We are committed to keeping you informed while also respecting the federal and state laws that prohibit the release of confidential medical information.
The district will continue to use SchoolMessenger to provide communications to parents/guardians. Please make sure that the contact information that you have provided in SchoolTool is still current. If it needs to be updated, please contact District Registrar Natalie Fullen at (518) 668-5714 ext. 1211 or email@example.com.
We are grateful for your continued partnership in keeping our school community safe. Remember to be SAFE both inside and outside of school. This includes limiting group gatherings, following physical distancing guidelines, practicing good hygiene, and wearing masks.
If you have any questions regarding the quarantine procedures outlined above, please Warren County Public Health at (518) 761-6580.
All information is subject to change based on updated guidance from the NYS Department of Health and/or CDC.