- District Home
- District Home
September 4, 2020
Dear Lake George Families,
Below are a few helpful reminders to support your child and family with a smooth transition back to the 20-21 school year.
Please complete the bi-weekly health screening by clicking here. Families will receive email reminders every other Sunday evening, and we ask that you complete before sending children to school.
1st Day of school: Tuesday, September 8, 2020
1. Students in grades 5 and 6 and 9-12 will not be in-person on the first day of school
- These students will be working independently on Tuesday, September 8
- These students will not be “live” with teachers on Google Meet
- These students should check their school email and
- accept the invitations they have received from their teachers to join Google Classrooms
- Students should also get in the habit of checking the Daily Bulletin on the website
2. Students in grades K-4 and 7-8 will be in-person for half-day (AM)
3. No lunch will be served at LGES
4. Buses will leave LGES at 11:45am, and parent pick-up will begin outside the building at 11:50am
2nd Day of school: Wednesday, September 9, 2020
1. Students in grades K-4 and 7-8 will practice connecting with their teachers remotely
2. We built this day into the schedule intentionally so that students, parents, and teachers are prepared to continue teaching and learning in any situation
3. This day will help us all troubleshoot early in the school year
4. Grades 5-6 and 9-12 will be in-person for half-day (AM)
5. No lunch will be served at LGES
6. Buses will leave LGES at 11:45am, and parent pick-up will begin outside the building at 11:50am
3rd Day of school: Thursday, September 10, 2020
1. Grades K-4 begin learning in-person every day
2. Grade 5 in-person every other day through September 24
3. Grade 6 remote every other day through September 24
4. Grades 7-8 begin begin learning in-person every day
5. Grades 9-10 in-person every other day through September 24
6. Grade 11-12 remote every other day through September 24
7. LGES buses will leave at 2:20pm, and parent pick-up will begin outside the building at 2:25pm
Virtual Learners are expected to attend all Meets assigned through Google Classroom.
Our Innovation and Instructional Technology Team is ready to assist students and families with IT Support. They also have a website with technology tips, tutorials, and resources.
Bus Schedules were mailed on Wednesday, September 2, 2020 and should arrive in your mailboxes soon.
Have a wonderful, long weekend!