Three Seats Up for Election
Petitions for seeking election to the Lake George CSD Board of Education are available by contacting District Clerk Sarah Barton at 518-668-5456 x 1207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Submit Completed Petition is
5:00 PM on Monday, April 22, 2019
Lake George Central School will have three vacancies on its Board of Education at the May 21, 2019 School Budget Vote and Board Election. Each is a three-year term that begins on July 1, 2019. The seats are currently held by Marc Mularz, Courtney Richichi, and John Kelleher whose terms expire on June 30, 2019.
Board members are elected at large; the three people receiving the highest number of votes will be declared elected to the Board of Education for full 3-year terms.
Qualifications for School Board Candidates
1. Must be able to read and write.
2. Must be a qualified voter of the district.
a) Must be a citizen of the United States.
b) Must be 18 years or older.
c) Must be a resident of the district for thirty days prior to the election - See No. 3 for
additional residency requirements.
d) Must not be adjudged an incompetent or a convicted felon whose maximum prison term has not yet expired or who has not received a pardon or been discharged from parole.
3. Must have been a resident for at least one year prior to the election but need not be a taxpayer (continuous and uninterrupted.)
4. May be the only member of the family on the school board.
5. May not be an employee of the school board.
6. May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
7. Must not have been removed from a school district office within one year of the election.
Nominating Petitions are due in the Superintendent's Office by Monday, April 22, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. to the District Clerk.
Please contact Sarah Barton, District Clerk, at 518-668-5456 x 1207 or email@example.com with questions or for further information.