INTRAMURAL VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE
- Must have at least 5 and a maximum of 6 players on the court at the beginning of each game.
- Teams can have 8 players on the roster and no more than 2 volleyball players (Mod./JV/Varsity)per team.
- Teams must designate 6 players who will play the entire game. Subs can enter at the start of the next game.
- Teams will play 3 games, the first 2 games are played to 15 win by 2, and game 3 is first team to 11.
- Server must serve from behind end line until after contact.
- Team rotates each time that they win the serve.
- Games are played to 15/11 with rally serving
- Players rotate in a clockwise manner.
- There is a maximum of three hits per side.
- A player may not hit the ball twice in succession.
- A ball (Including serve) may be played off of the net.
- A ball hitting the boundary lines is good.
- Stepping on the line of a serve
- Failure to serve the ball over the net
- Hitting the ball illegally (carrying, palming, throwing etc.)
- Touching the net with body while ball is in play
- Failure to serve in the correct order.
- ACE-When a ball is served to the other team and no one touches it.
- SIDEOUT-When the team that served the ball makes a mistake causing the ball to go to the other team.
- BLOCK – Using your hands to prevent the ball from crossing the plane of the net.
- ASSIST – A ball placed in the air that is attacked for a kill.
- DIG-When a player makes a save from a very difficult spike.
- KILL-When a team spikes the ball and it either ends in a point or a sideout.
Foul language and/or bad sportsmanship will not be tolerated. May result in ejection of player and/or disqualification of team.